Getting Here


  Garrett's Broken Arrow Lodge is located on our own private island, and is accessible only by air travel. We use  Cessna 208  Caravans or Cessna 206's on amphibious floats which we land right at the end of our dock. Boarding a Cessna 208 Caravan or Cessna 206 at McMurray Aviation in Fort McMurray Alberta. You will depart the airport on wheels, and land at the lodge on floats. It's approximately 60 minute flight to our Lodge on Cree Lake. Fort Mcmurray is an international airport and easily accessible from anywhere in the U.S or Canada.

What To Bring

A list of essentials to aid in your trip planning/packing.

  • Passport or U.S. Passport Card
  • Clothing for any temperature (hot or cold)
  • Gloves for early spring or late fall
  • Rain gear & waterproof footwear
  • Fishing gear and tackl
  • Toiletries
  • Personal medications
  • Sunscreen and lip balm (15 SPF or better)
  • Flashlight (Waterproof is best)
  • Sunglasses & hat
  • Camera and film (please send copies of big fish to us for our photo galleries)
  • Bug repellent (10% DEET or better)
  • GPS or compass can come in handy
  • Lighter or matches

**SASKATCHEWAN FISHING lICENCE: Fishing Licences must be purchased online and printed before coming to the lodge. Go to http://saskatchewanlicences to purchase the licence.

Be sure to look at or download a copy of the Saskatchewan Fishing Regulations.

Tips for crossing the border into Canada

Is a Passport Needed?

All visitors arriving to Canada need a passport or passport equivalent (NEXUS Card or Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)).  If you are planning on a Canadian fishing trip, don’t wait! The U.S. application process is already backlogged. Apply online for your American passport.

If you are travelling soon, you can get a passport within 24 hrs with

 U.S. and Canadian citizens ages 15 or younger with parental consent are allowed to cross the borders at land and sea entry points with certified copies of their birth certificates rather than passports. Visitors of all ages arriving in Canada by air require a passport or passport equivalent.

© Copyright Garrett's Broken Arrow Lodge